IMPORTANT POOL UPDATE 6/16/20
WE HAVE SCHEDULED JUNE 27, 2020 AS OUR POOL OPENING DATE
First and foremost, we hope that you and your loved ones are safe and healthy. We have received questions from our membership about if and how COVID-19 will change the way we operate Ardsley Swim & Tennis Club. After careful consideration, we are excited to let you know that we plan to reopen while following CDC guidance to protect our members, staff, and our community.
The health and safety of our members, staff and community remains our highest priority. Below you will find a summary of actions we are taking to help ensure we are lowering COVID-19 risk as much as possible while also allowing everyone to stay safe and enjoy the pool. We are:
- Promoting healthy hygiene practices, such as encouraging all members and staff to stay home if they are unwell, wash their hands frequently, cover coughs and sneezes, wear cloth face coverings when not in the pool and posting CDC signage throughout our Club
- Cloth face coverings should not be placed on children younger than 2 years of age, anyone who has trouble breathing, or is unconscious, incapacitated, or otherwise unable to remove the cover without assistance.
- Increasing cleaning, disinfection, and ventilation within our Club by cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces, such as pool handrails, tables and chairs, structures for play and climbing, bathroom surfaces and faucets, doors and door handles. Ensuring adequate supplies of hand sanitizer, soap, paper towels and no-touch trash cans. Adding no contact hand sanitizers and sanitizing stations. Windows and doors in locker rooms will remain open, making sure that we have safe and correct use and storage of disinfectants
- Encouraging social distancing by changing grounds and deck table and chair layouts to ensure members can remain 6 feet apart in seating areas, providing lane lines in pool, visual cues such as Social Distancing Signage, floor and walkway decals, and staggering use of bathrooms and locker rooms
- We will post CDC Signage throughout the facility and make regularly scheduled Public Service Announcements throughout the day as reminders to all our members and staff
In the event someone gets sick, we have plans in place to isolate and transport the person to their home or healthcare facility, and we will work with local health officials. If you have a specific question about this plan or COVID-19, please ask our Management for more information. We look forward to seeing you. Now, let’s get in the pool, swim and have fun!
Be Patient! Be Courteous! Thank you, and stay healthy!